This BLT wrap is something I’ve been in love with since my very first round of Whole30. It’s definitely one of my Whole30 staples. I have this BLT wrap about twice a week during every round of Whole30 I’ve done. It is so simple to put together, yet incredibly delicious and filling.
The hardest part of making this delicious wrap is blanching the collard green wrap. You can find the full breakdown of the process by CLICKING HERE! What I love about collard green wraps is you can blanch them ahead of time and have them ready for whenever you need to make a quick lunch.
After you make the collard green wraps, everything else is pretty straight-forward. Let’s make some BLT wraps!
Along with the collard green wraps, you can also prep most of the other ingredients ahead of time. The bacon can be cooked in a big batch in the oven and then stored away in the fridge for when you need it. You can also chop up any vegetables you choose to use ahead of time and store them in the fridge. If you are using tomatoes and cucumbers like I am, I would recommend slicing them and then wrapping them in plastic wrap before storing them in an
This wrap is perfect for the entire family’s lunchboxes. Especially for those of you who eat lunch at your desk.
The ranch dressing is the perfect finish to the wrap. The rich, creamy dressing is a great balance to the salty bacon and crisp vegetables. All the flavors marry perfectly and compliment each other very well.
Another great thing about this wrap is it’s customizable! It’s also a great lunch on the go for the whole family. If you don’t have a microwave at work, this is the perfect lunch idea for you! And it’s perfect to pack right into your kids lunch boxes. You can switch up the veggies to suit each member of your family.
- 1/3 cup paleo mayo
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro parsley works as well
- 3 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8 ounce packet no sugar bacon approx. 8-9 slices
- 2 tomatoes sliced and cut in half
- 1 small cucumber julienned or thinly sliced length-wise
- 1-2 bunches of collard green leaves with spine removed and blanched (see recipe notes)*
- To begin, add all of the ingredients needed for the dressing to a mason jar and shake to combine. Set the dressing aside for later.
- Now, spread the slices of bacon onto a large baking sheet and place the baking sheet in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 400˚F. Cook the bacon until they are crisp (about 12-15 minutes).Remove the bacon from the oven and drain them to a plate lined with clean paper towels.
- While the bacon cooks, prepare the vegetables and collard green leaves.
- To prepare the collard green leaves, you will need to trim the stem, level the spine of the collard green to it’s flat. Then blanch the greens. Submerge the greens one at a time in simmering hot water, then immediately transfer the greens to an ice bath. Remove the greens from the ice bath and pat them dry using paper towels. CLICK HERE for a full breakdown
- Assemble the wrap by layering the cucumber, tomato, bacon, and dressing in the middle of the collard green wrap. Then fold the bottom half of the collard green wrap over the vegetables, bacon, and dressing. Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll it up like a burrito. Cut the wrap in half and ENJOY!