I know you guys aren’t getting sick of everything pumpkin already right? Yea that’s what I thought. So, I’m giving you more pumpkin! This recipe is so close to my heart. After sharing it on my Instagram feed about two years ago, everyone has fallen in love with them. Which of course makes me hella happy!
To revamp the recipe, I added some creamy cashew butter and hemp seeds but a little crunch. One thing about this time of year for me is feeling cozy and comfortable. But, eating a cozy and comforting meal does not have to include ingredients you can’t pronounce. Everything in these muffins is clean, simple and all pantry staples.
I enjoy these throughout my day. Whether it’s after a workout, or during breakfast or as a snack. These pumpkin muffins are the perfect on the go solution. If you are already thinking about edible holiday gift ideas, it is the perfect recipe to share with your neighbors.
If you have been following me for a while you know I don’t bake as much as I could. For me, there is just something more creative about the cooking process. I can walk into my kitchen and grab ingredients and flavors and create. With baking, it’s about constant measuring and precision. OCD is already a part of my nature. Once you get me into measuring and precise work, I start to let that consume my mind and the creative process slowly goes out the window.
But, I am learning to relax more when I bake. It is getting to the point where I am starting to find some sense of peace when baking. I’m not as anxious all the time. I am going with the flow and following my flavor palette. Letting myself be creative instead of obsessing over every detail. So ultimately, my advice is to experiment. Try to relax when baking. Because fundamentally, its all about the creative process. And, if you don’t learn to enjoy the process of making better meals for you and your family, you are less likely to continue that habit.
Cashew Butter Swirl Pumpkin Muffins
WET INGREDIENTS: (all at room temperature)
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup grade A maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin cup liners and set aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients (EXCEPT coconut oil) and whisk to combine.
- Now, slowly fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Then, slowly pour coconut oil into the batter and whisk to incorporate.
- Spoon equal portions of batter into the muffin cups.
- Now, spoon an even amount of cashew butter into each muffin cup. Using a toothpick, swirl the cashew butter into the batter and top with a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until muffins are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cook for a few minutes and ENJOY!