Have you started planning your Christmas Eve dinner/Christmas day brunch yet? Or maybe you’re looking for the perfect side dish to take over to your parent’s house. Well, I am going to hook you up! This Holiday Brussels sprouts salad is not only delicious, but it’s also hearty, easy to make, and the more it sits with the dressing, the better it gets.
What makes this salad so special? The dressing! The dressing is a lovely combination of sweet, salty and tangy. Perfectly complimenting a blank canvas like Brussels sprouts. The ingredients are an array of acidity, tang, sweet and salty. Much like the Primal Kitchen Foods honey mustard dressing. So along with my base of shallots, garlic, fresh citrus, and sweet maple syrup, I decided to take the dressing over the top with spicy mustard and honey mustard dressing from Primal Kitchen Foods.
You can now shop Primal Kitchen Foods in all Hyvee stores!
The addition of those two ingredients not only take the dressing to a whole new level, but they also make this recipe even easier to make. Primal Kitchen Foods dressings and condiments aren’t only healthy, they are delicious and every ingredient is well thought out. They have truly change the way we all view condiments. They choose to use the highest quality ingredients to give their customers healthy yet delicious condiments we can use in our everyday lives.
Now, if you are a Midwestern girl like myself, you can now shop Primal Kitchen Foods at all Hyvee stores! This makes me so happy and proud to call the people at Primal Kitchen Foods my dear friends. They are always trying to make sure their products are available to everyone! And that my friends, is gold. You can use their store locator to find out if your local Hyvee store is stocked with Primal Kitchen Goodies.
Holiday Brussels Sprouts Salad
One thing that is so great about this recipe is how customizable it is. It’s very easy to switch up the ingredients to yours and your family’s preferences. Just keep the Brussels sprouts base and then add the ingredients that work for you and your loved ones. If there are peanut allergies around the table, omit the almonds and try adding more dried fruits, seeds, or vegetables. Whatever ingredients you decide on, this is one salad the whole family will love.
For more inspiration, check out our other Holiday Favorites.
Holiday Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 slices no-sugar-added bacon
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp. Primal Kitchen Foods spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Foods honey mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pure grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and leaves separated*
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced/shaved raw almonds
- To begin, add the pumpkin seeds to a skillet over medium-high heat and toast for a few minutes. Remove the pumpkin seeds and set them aside. Now, add the bacon to the same pan and cook until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and reserve the bacon grease (should be about a 1/4 of a cup).
- Make the dressing by adding all of the necessary ingredients to a mason jar (bacon grease included) and shaking the jar until the ingredients are well combined. Set the dressing aside and move on to the next step.
- Add the brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl and add the toasted pumpkin seeds, cranberries, hemp seeds, and almonds to the bowl. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add the bacon on top of the salad and serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.
- Any leftovers will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen Foods. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for your continued support of Confessions Of A Clean Foodie.*