My feelings about these Garlic Hasselback Sweet Potatoes may be a bit too much to handle. But they are the perfect side dish for any meal. I have been on top of my meal-prep game this month and these have been a constant every week. They are not only delicious and versatile, but they are surprisingly easy to prepare.
Lemon Garlic Hassel-back Sweet Potatoes
PALEO II WHOLE30 II GLUTEN-FREE
With that being said, let’s dive in this recipe! Hasselback potatoes are so rewarding. Once you get past the initial prep stage, the rest is easy as pie.
These potatoes will pair perfectly with my delicious Creamy Coconut Mushroom Chicken.
Meal-prep has never looked so good. These are roasted and basted with a lemon garlic sauce that is simply perfect.
- 1.5 lbs potatoes petite (small) sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic (finely minced)
- sea salt
- FOR BASTING:
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely minced)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place a chopstick on each side of each potato (which will ensure you don’t cut through the potato) and make 1/8-inch slices along each potato.
- Now, Whisk together avocado oil, mustard powder, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub each potato with this mixture (making sure you get in-between the slices) and season generously with salt.
- Now, stir together ghee, parsley, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Roast potatoes for 50-55 minutes or until the inside of the potatoes are tender.
- Halfway through the roasting process, remove potatoes from the oven, gently run a fork along the tops of the potato to separate the slices, and baste with half of the ghee mixture.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve with the remaining ghee mixture.
You can use grass-fed butter for basting if you aren’t paleo or doing a whole30.