One thing that has been super important to me lately is making meals that brighten my days. When the weather is starting to change, it’s very easy to not only hibernate but also make poor food choices. You know what I’m talking about. We tend to want comfort and for a lot of us, comfort means your favorite take-out food. But, that does not need to be the case.
This recipe is a true testament that comfort food can be bright, and delicious but also cozy. It doesn’t always have to be a heavy pasta dish or include lots of dairy products.
These salmon packets are perfect for your weeknight dinner. Especially after a long day. You can just prep everything the night before, keep them in the fridge, and when you get home, throw it in the oven. Easy right? And requires little to no cleanup time! The whole family can enjoy their meals right from the foil packets. They are little individual packets of deliciousness.
The most important part of this dish is the marinade. It is the perfect blend of freshness and flavor. It’s packed with a whole shitton of herbs, garlic, lemon juice and nutty cultured ghee.
While you wait for this beautiful meal to be served, snack on Sweet Potatoes Tater Tot. Or, complete your meal with this Zesty Kale Salad.
I know you want me to stop talking and give you all the details, so here it is!
WHOLE30 II PALEOPrint
- 4 3-4 ounce pieces wild caught sockeye salmon fillets
- 1/2 lb. mini potatoes (a mixture of purple, red and gold)
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 lemon slices (halved)
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Now, cut out 4 10-12 inch pieces of heavy duty foil and place one piece of salmon in the center of each foil sheet.
- Now, clean and cut potatoes into quarters, drizzle with avocado oil and cook in a microwave for approx. 3 minutes (until halfway tender).
- Now, cube onion and zucchini into about 1/2 an inch piece; transfer them to the bowl with the potatoes and season with a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Now, whisk all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- To put the packets together, divide potato mixture into 4 portions and add them alongside the salmon in the center of each foil sheet.
- Then, add an equal portion of the marinade atop each piece of salmon and finish with lemon slices.
- Seal the tops and sides of each foil packet and transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until salmon is cooked through).
- Then, remove from oven, open packets, turn the oven to broil and return the packets to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let packets rest for a few minutes, and transfer them to a plate. Serve with a fresh salad and enjoy!