With New Year’s Eve and the January Whole30 being just around the corner. Now I really don’t want to get too lit this New Year’s Eve. So, we are keeping it very low key this year with mocktails, delicious food and lots of Netflix. This mint peach spritzer is such an easy and delicious drink you have to make.
First thing you we need to do is make the peach syrup. All you’re going to need to make the peach syrup is peaches and your choice of sweetener. We chose to use maple syrup and coconut sugar. Now, the deep amber flavor of the maple syrup and coconut sugar definitely makes the peach syrup a bit richer. But, you can definitely just use plain white sugar if that is your choice of sweetner.
All we want to do to make the syrup is add the frozen peaches, the coconut sugar and maple syrup, water and mint leaves to a sauce pan and simmer it until the melts and the peaches are softened. Then we are going to strain the peach syrup, and let it completely cool down before making the spritzers.
Mint Peach Spritzer
Now, because these are “mocktails”, we are going to be using citrus sparkling water to top off these peach spritzers. However, you can definitely use champagne or Prosecco to finish your cocktails.
But, whether you decide to keep it clean with sparkling water or to spice things up with champagne, these are going to be just as delicious.
Mint Peach Spritzer
- 16 Ounces Frozen peach slices
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Sprig Mint leaves
Drink Assembly (one drink)
- 2-3 Orange and lime slices
- 1/3 Cup Peach syrup
- 1 Cup Sparkling water or champagne
- Ice cubes
- 1 Mint leaf
- To begin, add all of the ingredients needed for the peach syrup to a saucepan and bring it to a boil (stirring frequently). Lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes (stirring frequently) until the peaches have soften. Remove the syrup from the heat and set it aside to cool (about 15 minutes).
- While the syrup cools, slice up the lime and orange and perpare the other ingredients.
- Now, pour the cooled syrup through a strainer and into a pitcher or bowl and use a wooden spoon to press down on the peaches and mint mixture to get more of the liquid out of the peaches (you can certainly use clean hands for this step). Discard what’s left of the peaches and mint.
- To make one drink, add ice cubes, slices of oranges and limes and a 1/3 cup of the peach syrup to a glass and top it off with about a cup of sparkling water or champagne. Garnish with an orange or lime slice and mint leaf.