Mexican food has always been a favorite of mine. There is always something new to discover. The flavors, textures, and ingredients are so warm and inviting. There is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Now, of course, you know I’ve been raving about Primal Palate’s new Party Pack seasoning mixes. The taco and fajita seasoning mix combines all the flavors of Mexican cuisine in one delicious seasoning pack.
I hear taco seasoning, and of course, I had to make some tostadas! Tostadas and tacos are always a hit or miss for me. Anyone can “make” a taco or tostada. They usually require the same ingredients: beef, a pack of taco seasoning packed with a lot of BS you can’t pronounce, tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. But my twist on the classic tostada is a bit sophisticated but still incredibly simple and delicious.
PALEO BEEF TOSTADAS
Let’s start with the tortillas. To keep these tostadas paleo, I’ve decided to use Grain-free tortillas. But, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas. Now, instead of deep frying my tortillas, I lightly brush them grass-fed ghee and crisp them up in the oven. This way, I’m eliminating a lot of extra fat. The tortillas come out crispy, and perfectly in tact ready to handle all the delicious toppings.
Apart from the flavor-packed taco seasoning mix, I needed something else to tie everything together. So, I decided to throw together a simply avocado aioli with only 3 staple ingredients you already have in your fridge. The aioli is creamy, a little tangy and very fresh. Its the perfect way to compliment the warm spices from the meat.
This dish comes together so quickly, but the flavors and presentation will impress the whole family.
Have you tried my Instant Pot Taco Meat? It is also a great base for this recipe.Print
Crispy tortillas paired with perfectly seasoned ground beef, a creamy avocado aioli and fresh vegetables.
- 4-6 grain-free tortillas
- 3 tbsp. Melted grass-fed ghee
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 a bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (Primal Palate’s taco & fajita seasoning mix)
- 2 radishes (sliced)
- 2 cups organic baby spinach (chopped)
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 an avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 an avocado
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. Avocado mayonnaise
- To begin, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly brush each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of ghee on both sides and transfer to a large baking sheet. Bake Between 5-7 minutes minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Now, heat the other tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet and brown ground beef (about 7 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and add in zucchini and bell pepper. Sauté until peppers and zucchini are tender. Lower the heat and create a well in the middle of the pan and add water. Then, pour the contents of the seasoning pack into the well and continue to sauté and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Remove the meat from the heat and set aside.
- Now, make the avocado aioli. Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper. Then, stir in cilantro leaves and mayo until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the prepared ground beef, radishes, spinach green onion, avocado slices, avocado aioli and crisped tortilla shells to a serving dish.
- Build tostadas by spreading a little avocado aioli on the tostada shell, add beef, spinach, radishes, avocado slice, and finish with green onions.