So, this week has been so incredibly rewarding and devastating at the same time. I was finally able to share the blog with you guys! And, the wonderful love and support you’ve shown me is just beyond heartwarming. Now, of course with the world we currently live in, I couldn’t end my week on a good note.
I am not always very vocal when it comes to politics, but I will always speak my mind and fight for the common rights we all deserve. With all the violence and hatred that occurs in the world on a daily basis, we can’t even count on our leaders to make a difference anymore. It is so incredibly heartbreaking to see our elected officials focused more on their political winnings than they are the people they work for (and no I don’t give a rat’s ass if you are a democrat or a republican).
I mean damn! I can’t even watch the news on a daily basis anymore! My blood pressure just can’t handle it guys! So, what can we do? How can we begin to make a difference in our everyday lives in order to make our communities better? Honestly, I do not have the answer. What I can suggest is we start treating each other with the respect we all deserve. No one should repeatedly have to fight for their right to live their best life. I truly hope we learn to give each other a chance.
SALMON STEAKS WITH GARDEN SALAD
GLUTEN FREE II PALEO II SOY FREE
In my world, there is nothing more relaxing and more fulfilling than heading into my kitchen and pretending I am on an episode of Chopped. This recipe is definitely proof of that. I just wanted to make a quick dinner and it turned into a delicious ass meal. Now, of course, the gem of this recipe is the marinade used on the salmon. It is only a few ingredients, but they compliment each other very well.
Give this recipe a try and put a little love in your heart.
- 2 salmon steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. Primal Palate garlic & herb seasoning
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili pepper paste
- 1 4-6 ounce pack of organic mixed greens
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 heirloom tomato
- 2 tbsp. green goddess dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- chimichurri for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To prepare marinade, mix avocado oil, coconut aminos, garlic herb seasoning, and pepper paste in a small bowl.
- Rinse and pat salmon steaks dry using a clean paper towel.
- Rub both steaks with marinade and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon cooks, wash and dry mixed greens and place onto a serving dish.
- Then, slice/dice zucchini and tomato, scatter on top of mixed greens and toss with green goddess dressing.
- Remove salmon steaks from the oven. Let rest for a few minutes, and serve atop dressed salad.
- Finish with fresh cilantro/parsley.