With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I know you are prepping and planning your menu. Of course, you can’t have Thanksgiving dinner without the cranberry sauce, right? My spicy holiday cranberry sauce is right up your alley. It’s sweet and delicious with a little tang and kick.
Now growing up, I was never a fan of cranberry sauce. My family usually did a potluck style Thanksgiving. My grandma prepares the main dishes the rest of the family brings sides, desserts…etc. So, there’s always that one aunt who just brings a plate with canned cranberry sauce that has been sliced up. I never brought myself to even try that thing. But my sister did let me know it tastes like crap. So this girl stayed far away from it every Thanksgiving.
But this year, I want to have cranberry sauce at the table because I know how much my family loves it. I definitely knew I wanted the sauce to have a few elements to it that everyone at the table would love. A little spicy for the whole family (we are African we love the spicy). And that sweet and tangy cranberry effect most people love.
Primal Kitchen Spicy Ketchup:
To add a little spicy kick to the sauce. I toyed around with a few different possibilities. Until last week when I had a fish sandwich with Primal Kitchen Foods Spicy Ketchup. I love every component of this ketchup. It’s tangy, sweet and spicy but it’s not very ketchupy (that’s not a word but we are going with it anyway). Immediately I thought this is the perfect way to kick my cranberry sauce up a notch.
Now if you’ve been following me on social media (specifically Instagram) for a while, you know how much I love Primal Kitchen Foods. This spicy ketchup is no different. It’s creamy, tangy, slightly sweet, and perfectly spiced. The perfect addition to our spicy holiday cranberry sauce.
Primal Kitchen is available for your enjoyment at just about every grocery store and online market. From Thrive Market, Whole Foods, Fresh Thyme to Amazon. Grab this spicy ketchup and upgrade your holiday cranberry sauce.
*This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen Foods. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for your continued support of Confessions Of A Clean Foodie.
Spicy Holiday Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh cranberries washed
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 4 tbsp. Primal Kitchen Foods Spicy Ketchup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. pure grade A maple syrup
- To begin, add the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, ketchup, and 1/3 cup maple syrup into a small sauce pan. Transfer the pan to the stove top and cook over low heat until the cranberries are soft (about 10 minutes). Turn the heat up to medium and continue to cook (stirring frequently) until the cranberries brust and the sauce thickens (about 10-12 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.