- 4 sweet potatoes (washed, scrubbed and dried)
- 2 tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1/2 an onion (diced)
- 1/2 a bell pepper (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 an avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into each potato and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- While potatoes cook, heat avocado oil in a large skillet. Then add onions, bell pepper, and garlic and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now stir in black beans, chili powder, Chinese five spice, crushed red pepper flakes, vegetable broth and simmer for a ~3 minutes. At this point, you can taste and add more salt if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut cream, curry powder and a small pinch of salt and set aside.
- Now, remove potatoes from the oven, slice each potato open and fill with black bean mixture.
- Then, finish with coconut cream and avocado slices.
- Serve immediately with a green salad or other roasted vegetables.
If you aren’t vegan or just don’t enjoy vegan meals, you can add chorizo or andouille sausage to the black bean filling.