I’ve been all about quick and easy meals from breakfast to dinner. These breakfast tacos are flavorful and filling and they take little to no time to prepare. This is the perfect way to get the family together for brunch on the weekends. But, you can also make these for dinner. The cilantro pesto really elevated all the flavors and just ties everything to together perfectly.
In recent months, I’ve really come to value time with my family and the people I care for. And, one thing we can always bond over is food. So, I’ve been loving coming up with quick and easy meals everyone can enjoy. But, that also gives me time to enjoy their company instead of spending all my time in the kitchen. Especially during weekend brunch. My family has been through a lot lately, and time together means the world to us now. And what’s better than brunch every week? Let me answer that for you: Nothing!!
Last weekend, I pulled these tacos together super fast and everyone loved them! The only thing I made from scratch is the cilantro pesto and the eggs. However, just because I used packaged sausages and tortillas doesn’t mean they aren’t of the best quality. This is precisely why it is so important we support small and local brands who are truly changing the way we view quick and easy food. These brands value their customers and not how much money they can make. If that’s not enough reason to support them, I don’t know what is.
BREAKFAST TACOS: FAMILY STYLE
PALEO II GLUTEN-FREE
Every ingredient I used to make these tacos show my support for small brands who continuously put their customers first. Brands like Aidells (the sausages), Siete Foods (the tortillas) and Vital Farms (the eggs) all support the Paleo and Gluten-free diets and the Whole30 program. How incredible is that? They are creating foods that are quick and easy. But, also products we can feel good about. Products that add to our health journey instead of hindering them.
So next time you are in the grocery store, take a minute to think about the companies you support every day. Even if you start with a few essentials for your family. Your support means more and more small brands will continue to push the boundaries and continue to uphold the highest standards for their customers.Print
All the breakfast essentials: eggs, sausages, and avocado all stuffed inside warm tortillas.
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed ghee
- 1 12- ounce pack of chicken and apple sausage-4 sausages (or your favorite combination)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 2 radishes (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 8 grain-free tortillas
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- To begin, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet and each sausage in two lengthwise. Sear the sausages for 3-5 minutes until brown. Remove the sausages from the pan and transfer to a serving platter. Now, add spinach, radishes, and avocado to the platter and set aside.
- Now, to make the cilantro pesto, add cashews and garlic to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Then, add cilantro leaves, lemon juice and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Pulse all the ingredients together until well combined. While the food processor is still running, slowly add the avocado oil until well combined (about a minute). Transfer the pesto to a small serving dish and transfer to the platter.
- Finally, heat the tortillas and transfer them to the platter (or keep them warm in a tortilla warmer). Then, beat the eggs until it starts to become foamy. Now, heat the remaining tablespoon of ghee over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and once it starts to set, gently pull the eggs towards the center of the pan using a spatula (forming large soft lumps). Then, drop the heat to low and fold the lumps (curds) over themselves. Once there is no visible liquid egg remaining in the pan, remove the eggs from the heat and transfer them to the platter.
- Serve family style and allow everyone to build their own tacos.