Seared chicken thighs finished in a rich dairy free coconut mushroom sauce.
- 1.5 lbs. bone-in, skin on organic free-range chicken thighs(~5 or 6 thighs)
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp. Avocado oil
- 3.5 Ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp. Coconut flour
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp fresh sage leaves
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- Chopped parsley and fresh lemon juice to serve
- To start, slice the mushrooms, mince the garlic and set them aside.
- Now, pat the chicken dry with a clean paper towel.
- season them with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil in a large skillet and sear chicken thighs for ~7-10 minutes on both sides or until the chicken is cooked through (instant thermometer should read between 162˚F- 170˚F).
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet (with the drippings from the chicken), add the last tbsp of avocado oil.
- Then, add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté until the mushrooms are tender.
- Now, add coconut flour and cook for a couple minutes.
- Then, add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in the coconut milk and sage leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Now, taste and season with more salt if necessary.
- Simmer sauce for a few minutes, stirring frequently until it thickens (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- To finish, nestle chicken into the sauce, add fresh parsley and continue to simmer on low for a few minutes until all the flavors marry.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy.