What could be better than crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside chicken thighs that are so damn easy, it would be a crime to pass these up! These crispy chicken thighs have been a constant favorite if you have been following me on Instagram for a while. They are simple, easy to make, but are also crazy flavorful. I mean I’m not trying to toot my own horn, but you may not want to buy chicken breasts ever again after out make this recipe.
When it comes to health, I think everyone leans towards chicken breasts as the “lower calorie” option (which is true in some ways). I’ve always been a huge fan of chicken thighs over breasts simply because they are winning when it comes to retaining flavor. However, what a lot of people don’t know is, although they are a bit higher in calories, cholesterol, and sodium, thighs do not differ much from the breast when It comes to protein, iron and many other nutritional values.
Even if you are a fan of a lower calorie lifestyle, there is nothing wrong with switching it up between chicken thighs and breasts. Try serving the thighs alongside lower calorie veggies or good carbs. In my opinion, as long as the quality of your chicken is good, it does not matter which cut you choose. Again, healthy eating is all about balance.
Crispy Chicken Thighs
PALEO II WHOLE30 II KETO
Some of my favorite vegetables/dishes to pair these with:Print
- 4 Organic Free Range Chicken Thighs (boned in, skin on)
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- A few wedges of lemon to serve
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Heat ghee over high heat in a 12inch cast-iron/any oven safe skillet.
- Wash and pat chicken thighs dry.
- Season with Himalayan salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Nestle Chicken thighs in skillet (skin side down) and sear for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium high and continue cooking (skin side down) for ~12minutes or until skin is golden brown.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking for 5-8 minutes or until an instant thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh reads 165° F.
- Let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.