What is better than a comforting bowl of soup on a cold winter’s night. I mean seriously it’s the perfect end to any cold day. This crockpot chicken vegetable soup is easy, satisfying and delicious. I have been sick with the worst cold since the day after Christmas. And I am completing a January Whole30. So, I want to make sure I have meals that are comforting and cozy.
Now one of my all-time favorite soups is a good bowl of Züpa Tuscana. So when it came to making this soup, I adapted those flavors and whipped up a pot of Whole30 deliciousness. Now, you can totally swap out the chicken for compliant sausage. But I wanted to stick with chicken because although there are great options for compliant sausages, I know not everyone can get their hands on them.
I have been enjoying this soup for a few days (because as I stated before, I have been under the weather). Crockpot chicken vegetable soup is the perfect way to relax and unwind after a long day. You can simply add the chicken to the crockpot before you head to bed. Then wake up the next morning and add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot and cook while you are at work. By the time you get home, it’s time to finish it off and dinner is served.
CrockPot Chicken Vegetable Soup
WHOLE30 II PALEO
HOW TO SERVE:
When I’m serving up a bowl of this delicious crockpot chicken vegetable soup, I like to add some yummy toppings. From avocado to bacon, you just need a few things to spice up your bowl of soup. I even add some compliant hot sauce for a nice kick. One thing is for sure, you will be making this all winter long.
Be sure to check out our other Whole30 Recipes→Print
Cozy and perfect bowl of soup for any crisp fall or winter night.
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. Primal palate meat & potatoes seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed into a paste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1 lb gemstone potatoes (halved)
- 3 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. compliant fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. arrowroot flour
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- To start, place the chicken in the crockpot and season with salt, pepper, and meat & potatoes seasoning. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high. Now, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it.
- Return to the crockpot and add the onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, potatoes, broth, water, bay leaf, ghee, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Cover and cook for 4 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Now, mix coconut cream, curry powder and arrowroot flour in a bowl. Add coconut cream mixture and kale leaves to soup, and stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook for about 30 minutes until soup thickens. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado slices, and chopped bacon.
Soup can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. You can also freeze for up to a month.