Cozy and perfect bowl of soup for any crisp fall or winter night.
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. Primal palate meat & potatoes seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed into a paste)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1 lb gemstone potatoes (halved)
- 3 cups vegetable or bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. compliant fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. arrowroot flour
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- To start, place the chicken in the crockpot and season with salt, pepper, and meat & potatoes seasoning. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on high. Now, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it.
- Return to the crockpot and add the onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, potatoes, broth, water, bay leaf, ghee, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Cover and cook for 4 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Now, mix coconut cream, curry powder and arrowroot flour in a bowl. Add coconut cream mixture and kale leaves to soup, and stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook for about 30 minutes until soup thickens. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado slices, and chopped bacon.
Soup can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. You can also freeze for up to a month.