Enchiladas are such a culturally rich dish. There is some aspect of nervousness when I recreate recipes that are rich in culture. But, I love bringing you easy and delicious recipes you can enjoy with your family. These Easy Chicken Enchiladas are going to be a hit and you will make them over and over again.
This Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe is simple and to the point. A few ingredients and about 45 minutes later, dinner is ready! I decided to use the Primal Palate Taco & Fajita seasoning to cook the chicken and flavor the sauce. The seasoning is so versatile, and it will come in very handy whenever you are making Mexican inspired dishes.
Now for me, one of the reasons this recipe is so simple to make is because we are using pre-made tortillas. We decided to use grain-free tortillas in order to keep the recipe gluten-free. You can certainly whip up some homemade tortillas if you are feeling lucky. But, it really isn’t necessary. It’s definitely a misconception that you have to make everything from scratch in order to achieve a meal with complex flavors. I believe whenever it’s possible to make things easier on yourself when in the kitchen, do it honey!
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Make these for the family tonight and you will not be disappointed. They are simply delicious and easy to make. The perfect way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Serve with rice and beans or a side salad.
EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 1 lb. free-range boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Primal Palate Taco & Fajita seasoning
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup tomato pureé
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. tomatillo salsa
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp. water
- 10 cassava coconut grain-free tortillas
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- To begin, add chicken breasts, taco and fajita seasoning, ghee and water to your Instant Pot (any pressure cooker would work in his case). Put the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Select “MEAT/STEW” and click the “ADJUST” button to select “NORMAL", and use the "-/+" button to adjust the time to 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the steam naturally release for 5 minutes, and then open the pressure valve and allow the rest of the steam to release. Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken. Now, add tomato pureé, coconut milk, and salsa to the instant pot. Mix the arrowroot flour with 2 tablespoons of water and add that to the instant pot. Select "SAUTÉ" on the Instant Pot and use the "ADJUST" button to select "NORMAL". Now, once the mixture starts to simmer, let it cook for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and move on to assemble the tortillas.
- Now, to assemble the enchiladas, warm the tortillas in a microwave for 30-45 seconds. Next, one at a time set a tortilla on a clean surface (or plate). Add some of the chicken mixture (about 2 tablespoons) on to one side of the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla to contain the filling, and place the tortilla seam side down on to a baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Finish with cheese and parsley and transfer the baking dish to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and a little brown.
- Serve with a side salad, or rice and beans.
PIN IT NOW! MAKE IT LATER: