With summer in full bloom, its salad season people. And, you can’t have a good salad without a great salad dressing. This Easy Tahini Dressing is definitely the way to go. It is incredibly nutritious, delicious and very easy to make.
Now, one thing I absolutely love about this Easy Tahini Dressing is its versatility. It’s great over salads, burrito bowls, and tacos. Or, use it as a spread inside wraps and burritos. It adds the perfect Mediterranean spin on any dish. Tahini itself is a great alternative to mayo for those who choose a vegan lifestyle. Not to mention, it is incredibly nutritious.
What is tahini? If you have never heard of this concoction before, let me share my wisdom. Tahini paste is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds. It originates from the Middle East and is used in a lot of different cuisines. However, It is seen most in Mediterranean cuisine as a huge component in making hummus.
Benefits of Tahini:
- Tahini is very rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, and lecithin.
- Helps promote cell growth and helps in maintaining healthy skin and muscle tone.
- Because it’s made with sesame seeds, it contains 20% complete protein.
- Very easy to digest. So, it’s a great aid in weight loss.
- And, it is high in unsaturated fats (or good fats). These are the same kinds of fats you get from sweet potatoes, avocados, chia seeds…etc.
EASY TAHINI DRESSING
WHOLE30 II PALEO II LOW-CARB
A lot of us tend to forget how versatile tahini is. I think when most people think of tahini, they just think of hummus. You know, the tahini isn’t the star of the show it’s just a part of the supporting cast. But, in this case, the tahini is the LeBron and the other ingredients are just there to enhance its awesomeness. And, if you didn’t get that reference then honey we really need to have a serious conversation.
With just a few pantry staples, you have a delicious mayo-free creamy dressing the whole family will love. So, make this Easy Tahini Dressing today and let me know how it changes your life!
Try serving with our delicious Salads→
EASY TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted tahini paste
- filtered water 6 tbsp.
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- To begin, smash the garlic clove into a paste using a mortar and pestle or run it through a garlic press and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cilantro leaves, lemon juice, and tahini paste and use a small wooden spoon to combine. Then, add the water 2 tablespoons at a time until you reach your desired consistency (I used 6 tablespoons, but feel free to use more or less depending on how thick you like your dressing).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over your favorite salad.
PIN THIS TAHINI DRESSING NOW AND MAKE IT LATER: