Your go-to meatball recipe. Add to your meal prep menu for an easy and delicious meal.
- 1/2 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 an onion (grated or blended)
- 1/2 a zucchini (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds (grind to release the flavor)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. Ghee for browning
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 12-16 ounce jar marinara/arrabbiata sauce
- To begin, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Now, prepare all the ingredients (ground beef and pork, onion, scallions, zucchini, garlic cloves, egg, fennel seeds, almond flour, salt, and pepper flakes) and combine them in a mixing bowl using your hands. Do not over mix the mixture or you will end up with tough meatballs.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out meatballs. Wet your hands and roll mixture into balls. Then, heat ghee in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron). Sear meatballs for approximately 2 minutes on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a baking sheet lined with parchment and finish in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- While, the meatballs cook, use the drippings in the pan to sauté onions until tender. Then add in coconut aminos and a jar of marinara. Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Return meatballs to the skillet and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over zucchini or potato noodles.