Grated potatoes with parmesan cheese and garlic.
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp. grass-fed ghee
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- To start, use the big holes of a cheese grater to grate each potato and transfer the grated potatoes to a mixing bowl. Now add the egg, coconut flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese to the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a 12-inch skillet. Add 5 heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture to the pan and flatten them with a fork. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer them to paper towels to drain out the extra fat. Repeat those steps with the remaining ghee and potato mixture (makes about 14-16 potato rostis).
- While the potato rosti cools, mash the avocado in a small mixing bowl and stir in mayo, mustard and garlic powder until well combined. Finish with fresh chives and serve with slightly cooled potato rosti.
If you would like to bake these instead of pan frying them, you can add 2 tablespoons of melted ghee to the potato mixture, then scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture, form them into patties and transfer them to a large baking sheet rubbed with ghee. Bake them at 400˚F for about 30-35 minutes (turning once).