I’ve always been very aware of the amount of waste I produce especially when it comes to food. Being able to consistently make changes to help reduce the amount of waste that occurs in our households should be a crucial part of our daily routines. This is precisely why I love my FoodSaver. I am able to store vegetables and meats for longer periods without worrying about freezer burns.
I know what you’re thinking. You want me to grab another gadget? But that’s the thing. The Food Saver is not just any other gadget. It’s the one food saving device that has stood the test of time.
- The FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System gives you more ways to preserve your food. You can use it to seal FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, or containers. Whether you want to make prep-ahead meals, store leftovers, or freeze meats and produce for longer periods of time, the FM2000 is the sensible way to save money and eliminate food waste.
- FoodSaver is the #1 best and trusted Vacuum sealing brand, and its ETL safety certified.
- And last but
certinlynot least, the FM2000 also comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
A few of my favorite ways to use FoodSaver include:
- Storing meats and seafood in bulk. Buying in bulk is essential for those on a budget and those who have larger families. But, the number one worry about buying food in bulk is storing it. With my FoodSaver I am able to store meats, fish, and poultry in the freezer for YEARS without worrying about freezer burns. How amazing is that? You are only paying a one-time “fee” which is going to enable you to save way more over a lifetime.
- Prepping or marinating ahead of time for meal planning. This is one of my favorite ways to use my FoodSaver. I am able to marinate a few batches of certain dishes like Chili Garlic Chicken Wings and store them in the freezer. This way I can just thaw them in the fridge overnight before cooking.
- Storing produce. Ok I know I said this before but this is definitely my favorite way to use my FM 2000 machine. I have been through a million different methods to help my produce last longer. But nothing compares to the FoodSaver. It’s so easy to use. All you have to do is just wash and dry your produce (you can also lightly blanch them before storing them), put them in the bag and push a button. That’s it. This is the most rewarding because I can wash and reuse the bags I use for produce and dry goods.
Try freezing produce like cabbage, squash, broccoli, green beans, blanched greens (bokchoy, spinach, kale…etc). You can also vacuum seal and store dry goods like nuts, seeds…etc.
CAUTION: FoodSaver bags that contained raw meats, fish, eggs or unpasteurized cheese should be discarded and never reused!
How to use FoodSaver FM2000
This post is sponsored by FoodSaver. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. I strive to work with and introduce you to new brands and products I truly believe is and enjoy myself. As always, thank you for your continued support of Confessions of A Clean Foodie.