One pan jerk chicken dinner
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Korean pepper
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 large onion (cubed)
- 1 orange/red bell pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts (halved)
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. herbs de Provence
- To start, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat chicken thighs dry using a clean paper towel. With a sharp knife, make two slashes through the skin of each thigh. Then, whisk together all the other ingredients needed for the chicken. Pour marinade over chicken and use your hands to coat each thigh with the marinade. At this point, you can marinate them for an hour in the fridge or you can move on to the next step. Place the chicken on a large baking sheet lightly rubbed with ghee and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all the vegetables with the avocado oil, salt, and herbs de Provence. Now, transfer the vegetables to the pan with the chicken and scatter them around the chicken thighs. Lower the oven to 415 degrees F. Continue to cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately with chimichurri sauce if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.