My feelings about these Garlic Hasselback Sweet Potatoes may be a bit too much to handle. But they are the perfect side dish for any meal. I have been on top of my meal-prep game this month and these have been a constant every week. They are not only delicious and versatile, but they are surprisingly easy to prepare.
Many people shy away from making
Whenever I make lemon-garlic Hassel back sweet potatoes, I always make sure I have a couple tablespoons of melted ghee and fresh herbs for basting the potatoes. This will give the potatoes a rich buttery flavor and there is nothing better than that.
Lemon Garlic Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
PALEO II WHOLE30 II GLUTEN-FREE
So, the next time you are trying to figure out what to make for dinner, or maybe you want to impress your friends and family with a great meal. Lemon- garlic Hasselback potatoes are so rewarding. Once you get past the initial prep stage, the rest is easy as pie.
These potatoes will pair perfectly with my delicious Creamy Coconut Mushroom Chicken.Print
- 1.5 lbs potatoes petite (small sweet potatoes)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic (finely minced)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely minced)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place a chopstick on each side of each potato (which will ensure you don’t cut through the potato) and make 1/8-inch slices along each potato.
- Now, Whisk together avocado oil, mustard powder, lemon zest and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub each potato with the lemon garlic mixture (making sure you get in-between the slices) and season with a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Now, stir together ghee, parsley and garlic powder and set aside.
- Roast potatoes for 50-55 minutes or until the inside of the potatoes are tender.
- Half way through the roasting process, remove potatoes from the oven, gently run a fork along the tops of the potato to separate the slices, and baste with half of the ghee mixture.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve with the remaining ghee mixture.
You can use grass fed butter for basting if you aren’t paleo or doing a whole30.