My feelings about these Hasselback sweet potatoes may be a bit too much to handle. But they are the perfect side dish to any meal. I have been on top of my meal-prep game this month and these have been a constant every week.
Now you guys know how much I believe in self-love. There is nothing more valuable when it comes to changing your life than how you feel about yourself. I think a lot of us focus too much on how others feel about us. If we lose weight are we going to find the man of our dreams. If I straighten my hair will I get that great job I’ve always wanted?
All those thoughts constantly float in our heads. I’m also guilty of having those thoughts. It took a lot of soul-searching and meditation, believe it or not. There is no one more detrimental to your progress than you!
Meditation does scare a lot of people. When one of my friends recommended it to me, I told her that’s not my thing. But she told me to look at it as taking a few minutes every day to talk to myself. Now, stay with me. I spend hours every day fixing my hair, applying makeup, working out, doing my skincare routine… etc. So, why not take a few minutes of that time to work on my inner thoughts? I know it’s hard. But your mindset is such an important stepping stone to changing your life for the better.
If you are intimidated by mediation or self-love, start with just a few minutes of quiet time every day. Whether you say a prayer, or you just have a mantra you want to repeat to yourself, do it. Every little bit counts. As you get more comfortable every day, increase that time from two minutes to 3, then 4, then 5. It may sound trivial to a lot of people. But this is something I’ve really struggled with. Learning to love myself because of who I am. Not how much I weigh, or how much weight I want to lose, or what others think of me.
With learning to take a few minutes of self-love time every day, I’ve learned to be more in tune with my thoughts. I’m continuously learning discipline and developing better habits. It is not an overnight fix. But that’s not what we are about here right? It’s going to take a few minutes every day for a while to start feeling like the person you are striving to become. But I promise you, with every day, you are going to learn bits and pieces about yourself. Even if you don’t meditate, please take some time to learn more about who you are from the person YOU want to become.
With that being said, let’s dive in this recipe! Hasselback potatoes are so rewarding. Once you get past the initial prep stage, the rest is easy as pie.
These potatoes will pair perfectly with my delicious Creamy Coconut Mushroom Chicken.
LEMON GARLIC MINI HASSELBACK
PALEO II WHOLE30 II GLUTEN-FREEPrint
- 1.5 lbs potatoes petite (small) sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic (finely minced)
- !FOR BASTING:
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely minced)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place a chopstick on each side of each potato (which will ensure you don’t cut through the potato) and make 1/8-inch slices along each potato.
- Now, Whisk together avocado oil, mustard powder, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub each potato with this mixture (making sure you get in-between the slices) and season with salt.
- Now, stir together ghee, parsley, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Roast potatoes for 50-55 minutes or until the inside of the potatoes are tender.
- Halfway through the roasting process, remove potatoes from the oven, gently run a fork along the tops of the potato to separate the slices, and baste with half of the ghee mixture.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve with the remaining ghee mixture.
You can use grass-fed butter for basting if you aren’t paleo or doing a whole30.
PIN IT NOW!