- 1.5 lbs potatoes petite (small) sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic (finely minced)
- !FOR BASTING:
- 3 tbsp melted ghee
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely minced)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Place a chopstick on each side of each potato (which will ensure you don’t cut through the potato) and make 1/8-inch slices along each potato.
- Now, Whisk together avocado oil, mustard powder, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub each potato with this mixture (making sure you get in-between the slices) and season with salt.
- Now, stir together ghee, parsley, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Roast potatoes for 50-55 minutes or until the inside of the potatoes are tender.
- Halfway through the roasting process, remove potatoes from the oven, gently run a fork along the tops of the potato to separate the slices, and baste with half of the ghee mixture.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve with the remaining ghee mixture.
You can use grass-fed butter for basting if you aren’t paleo or doing a whole30.