Cuts of chicken braised in a rich Moroccan tagine sauce.
- 4 Chicken quarters (or 1 whole chicken cut into pieces)
- 1 chopped onion (or 10 pearl onions)
- 1 12- ounce jar Mina Moroccan chicken Tagine Sauce
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup green pitted olives (halved)
- To begin, preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Now, add chicken and onions to a large dutch oven and pour the entire jar of sauce over the chicken. Cover the pot and braise in the preheated oven for 1 hour. After 30 minutes of cooking, remove the pot from the oven and stir in olives and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Return the pot to the oven and continue to cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Finish with the remaining cilantro leaves and serve the chicken with rice, couscous, zucchini noodles or crusty bread to mop up all the delicious sauce.
Make sure you wait until the chicken is half cooked before you add the olives and cilantro so they do not lose their shape.