So I’m gonna give y’all a little heads up. This recipe is HELLA bomb! I mean one of my bests if I do say so myself… if I do say so myself… hold up (sing it with me)! If you know what song those lyrics are from you are my ultimate bestie.
Ok back to the cauliflower rice. I didn’t plan on it being a Cajun-Asian infusion. But, hell it worked and it is delicious! For my Cajun lovers, I used andouille sausage to give it a spicy and spiced up flava. And for my Asian lovers, I added some ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and coconut aminos for some flare.
If you love fried rice and you’ve been looking for the perfect low calorie yet still comforting substitution, cauliflower rice is the way to go! I know for me, the first time I made cauliflower rice, I wasn’t a fan. Sauteéing it up with ghee, garlic, salt, and pepper doesn’t do the trick. Ya know how when you roast cauliflower you gotta season the ish up and throw a shitton of spices on there? Well, cauliflower rice is the exact SAME. Now, I know I sound redundant but I promise you a lot of people don’t love cauliflower in general simply because they don’t season it well. So don’t be afraid to spice that ish up!
Perfect Cauliflower Fried Rice
That is the same with any vegetable or good carb. When you are preparing for your food, you have to approach it from a place of love and creativity. I always say, when you are approaching your Salads, Vegetables, lean meats, grains, legumes…etc. Approach them with the same love, passion, and creativity Grandma puts in her lasagna. You know, a little of this, a little of that, taste, and repeat. Always challenge your palate. Once you continuously discover new flavors and ingredients, healthy eating becomes fun, exciting and enjoyable. NOT A CHORE. So let’s have some fun and get cooking.
Riced cauliflower fried with lots of rich spices and andouille sausage for a delicious and flavor-packed dish.
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil (olive oil works also)
- 3 ounces andouille sausage (diced) Garrett Valley is a great whole30 complaint brand
- 1/2 an onion (diced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1 scallion (minced)
- 12-ounce bag riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil and brown sausage (~5 minutes).
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Now, add in onions, peppers, and ginger to the same pan and saute until tender. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir in riced cauliflower, the last tablespoon of avocado oil and saute for a few minutes.
- Then, add scallions, coconut aminos, and adobo seasoning and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir and saute for about 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender and all the flavors have married.
- Finish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.