I absolutely love the fact that cauliflower rice has become so loved. It’s such a great way to get even more veggies into your meals without really having to think about it. I always get questions about cooking cauliflower rice. How do I keep the cauliflower fluffy and firm you ask? Well, I am going to give you all my tips and tricks to making the perfect cilantro cauliflower rice.
The number one complaint I get all the time when making cauliflower rice is many people can’t seem to escape the cauliflower turning mushy and and sticky. My solution to all your cauliflower rice problems is to simply cook it on high and fast.
- Use frozen riced cauliflower. I prefer using frozen because it’s easier to store in bulk, and it doesn’t smell as much when you’re cooking.
- You want to make sure the pan you are cooking the cauliflower rice in is hot before you add the riced cauliflower.
- Keep the heat on high through the entire cooking time.
- Continuously toss or fold the riced cauliflower while it’s cooking.
- Season the rice after you’re done cooking it.
Cooking the riced cauliflower on high heat until it’s ready will keep the rice fluffy and firm. Tossing or folding the rice while it cooks is key. You want to keep moving the rice so it doesn’t burn but also so it doesn’t get mushy. The high heat is going to cook the rice fast and more importantly, it’ll dry up the liquid in the rice faster. This way, the riced cauliflower isn’t sitting in a pile of liquid so it won’t turn mushy and super soft.
Season your cilantro cauliflower rice after it’s done cooking:
Why can’t you season the rice while it’s still cooking? Because salt naturally draws out more liquid from any vegetable. So you want to make sure all the liquid has evaporated from the cauliflower rice before you add seasoning.
To season, I always use the Balanced Bites SUPER GARLIC seasoning. It is the perfect balance of herbs, salt and garlic. With the big chunks of garlic and herbs, this is no ordinary garlic seasoning. It takes your cilantro cauliflower rice to a whole new level.
Cooking cauliflower rice can be intimidating but with these simple tips, you are going to be a cauliflower rice expert pretty soon! So the next time you’re making it prepping cauliflower rice, just think high and fast.
You can serve your rice burrito bowl style with other veggies, sauce, and meats. I like to serve it with some fried plantains, fresh avocado, and lime juice. You can add meats like our Instant Pot Carnitas if you like.Print
How to cook the perfect cauliflower rice. All the tips and tricks you will need to make always fluffy and firm cauliflower rice.
- 2 tbsp. Avocado oil
- 1 12- ounce bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. Freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Balanced Bites SUPER GARLIC seasoning
- lime wedges
- avocado slices (optional)
- fried plantains (optional)
- Roasted meat or chicken (optional)
- To begin, heat a large cast iron or heavy non-stick pan with avocado on high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the riced cauliflower and start to toss immediately (keeping the heat on high). Continue to cook the rice (while continuously tossing or folding until all the liquid has evaporated and the rice is firm and fluffy (about 7-10 minutes).
- Now, add the cilantro and garlic seasoning to the rice and toss to combine.
- Serve the rice immediately with fresh lime wedges.
Transfer any leftover cauliflower rice to a glass container with an airtight lid. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.