Before we get into these perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts, I want to talk to y’all a bit. I find it incredibly insane that we can just turn on the news these days and see the most horrific things. People being completely unkind to one another. I mean what do we do? A lot of us choose to continue living our lives as long as we are unaffected. After speaking to a couple of my friends about the current events, I came to the conclusion that I can’t change what people are going to do. I can’t. But, maybe, just maybe, if we start talking to each other, we can better understand our fellow human beings.
Perfectly Roasted Brussels Sprouts
VEGAN II GLUTEN-FREE II PALEO II WHOLE 30
Joy is the word I use to describe my time in the kitchen every day. I am my most peaceful self. I may be struggling to figure out what a recipe needs to make it pop, or what did I do wrong with this one. But, I never give up on it because it’s what I love to do. I am my best self. I get to share those creations and that best side of me with all of you. How fucking awesome is that?!
I’ve always struggled with roasting Brussels sprouts. This time, I approached them a bit differently. I decided to wing it. I just thought of my favorite times of the year, and what flavors I wanted these to embody. So, my secret ingredient is nutmeg. Warm, inviting and cozy nutmeg. It is the perfect pairing for these incredibly complex vegetables. A little salt, nutmeg and the tiniest drizzle of maple syrup. Turned into the best sprouts I’ve ever roasted. Pairs perfectly with Crispy Chicken Thighs.Print
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- After trimming and cleaning the sprouts, cut them in half.z
- Transfer Brussel sprouts onto a large baking sheet.
- Then toss sprouts with oil, salt, maple syrup and nutmeg. Making sure each one is well coated.
- Now, spread them in an even layer (cut side down).
- Then, roast for 30-32 minutes or until sprouts are tender and browned.
- Remove from oven, then sprinkle with lemon zest and season with more salt if necessary.