Grilled salmon and veggies with a creamy avocado dressing
- 1/2 lb. fingerling or mini potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. melted ghee
- 1 lb salmon fillet (4 4 ounce fillets)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 bunch of asparagus – trimmed
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups of baby spinach or arugula leaves
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 of an avocado (diced)
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- water as needed (I used 1 tablespoons)
- To start, bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and eggs to the pot of water and boil for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes) until potatoes are fork tender. Now, immediately transfer eggs to an ice bath, then peel and set aside. Drain potatoes and transfer them to a plate and tent with foil.
- Now, skin salmon and fillets and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Then, heat a grill pan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted ghee into the pan and gently add the fish to the pan flesh side down. Sear/grill the fish between 2-4 minutes (being careful not to move the fish around, when it is ready to flip, it will start to pull away from the pan). Flip the fish and sear for another 3 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Now, drizzle another tablespoon of ghee onto the grill pan and grill zucchini for about 1-2 minutes on both sides. Remove them from the pan and set aside. Then add the remaining tablespoon of ghee to the grill pan and grill asparagus for about 3-4 minutes (turning frequently) and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now, make the dressing. Add cilantro, and garlic cloves to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Now, add salt, mustard, lemon juice, and avocado. Continue to pulse until smooth. While the food processor is still running, slowly add in the avocado oil until the mixture is well combined. Then, add a little water at a time and continue to pulse to your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Finally, build the salad. Start with the spinach or arugula as your base, then add tomatoes, potatoes (cut in half), grilled asparagus and zucchini and finish with salmon, and eggs (cut in half). Serve with the avocado dressing as needed.