A delicious elixir whether you are marinating or serving it fresh on top of roasted vegetables or seared meat.
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red Serrano pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Start off by washing and drying the cilantro and parsley leaves.
- Now, finely mince/chop the parsley, cilantro, Serrano pepper, shallot, and garlic and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Then, add in fresh lemon juice.
- Now, add avocado oil, salt, and pepper flakes
- Whisk all of the contents of the bowl until they are well combined.
- Lastly, Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
If you are not a fan of a chunky chimichurri sauce, you can add the parsley, cilantro, garlic, and shallot to a food processor and pulse until fine. Then, stir in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.
Any extra chimichurri left over? Pour it into an ice cube tray, top with a little more avocado oil and freeze until solid. Now, transfer to a ziplock bag or a freezer friendly container and return to freezer. Enjoy as needed.