With 4th of July right around the corner, yes I know it’s insane girl. But, these Sriracha Salmon Skewers will definitely elevate your menu. It is elegant enough to impress all of your guests. Yet, easy enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner. I know you love salmon just as much as I do. So, it’s an absolute pleasure to create these fun recipes.
One of the reasons I love working with and eating salmon is because I get to work with the best. And of course that is Surrender Salmon; the best salmon vendors in Minnesota. Surrender Salmon is a small family business based here in Minnesota. Their passion for educating Minnesotans on the benefits of fresh, high quality wild Alaskan salmon is what drives the business. I am so proud of the work they continue to do and supporting their cause means the world to me.
Now, you may notice I kept the skin on when making this dish because I wanted to make sure the salmon pieces stay intact. And, the skin acts as a barrier between the flesh and the heat which helps in keeping the fish moist and tender. You can certainly remove the skin if you don’t like it.
How to skin Salmon fillet:
To skin your salmon, place salmon on a cutting board that has been sprinkled with salt, skin side down. Place one calm on top of the salmon. Starting at the thicker end of the fish, place your knife between the skin and meat of the salmon. Slowly slice through until the fish pulls away from the skin. Save the skin for seafood broth or crisp in the oven for a tasty treat.
Try serving with our Summer Quinoa SaladPrint
Salmon pieces cooked on skewers and finished with a sweet and spicy sriracha sauce. The perfect way to impress your dinner guests.
- 1.5 lbs. coho skinless salmon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. korean pepper flakes (you can substitute with crushed red pepper flakes or chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- sesame seeds for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE:
- To begin, preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper flakes, garlic powder and lemon juice to the salmon and toss to coat. Arrange the salmon pieces on 8 skewers (5 pieces per skewer) and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the sriracha sauce, ghee, and raw honey to a small saucepan and bring to a light simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro leaves. Divide the sauce into two equal parts and set one aside for later. Use the other half to brush all over the salmon skewers until they are well coated. Transfer the salmon to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. When the time is up, turn the oven to broil and continue to cook between 3-5 minutes or until salmon is slightly toasted on the outside.
- Remove salmon from the oven and allow it to rest for a couple minutes. Transfer the salmon to a serving dish and serve with the rest of the sriracha sauce and sesame seeds.