Coffee is life. Coffee will always be life. But, I can’t and will not drink black coffee. I am not that sophisticated. So, I need creamer. But, the majority of the creamers on the market are packed with junk we can’t read or spell. I’ve been experimenting a lot and this Vanilla Pumpkin Creamer is my perfect creamer. It is Paleo and Whole30 friendly when you omit the dates. Just a few simple ingredients and a simple process to make this easy yet rich with flavor creamer.
I know some people are perfectly ok with drinking black coffee during a Whole30, but as I said before, I am not. Being that there are a lot of us who feel that way, I decided to keep that in mind while testing different flavors and ingredients for this creamer. If you aren’t on a Whole30, The dates tie everything together perfectly. However, if you are on a Whole30, you won’t even need the dates. This creamer is rich, creamy and packed with flavor without adding any sweeteners. But, if you are not on a Whole30 and would like to add dates, soak them and blend with the cashew and water mixture, then strain (see recipe). And of course, the little hint of sea salt brings out the flavors of every ingredient perfectly.
VANILLA PUMPKIN CREAMER
WHOLE30 II PALEO
Now, of course, you can substitute a lot of the ingredients in this recipe for ones that are more suitable to your diet or lifestyle. If you have a nut allergy, I would recommend using hemp milk.
If you don’t have any allergies but you don’t like almond milk or cashew milk, try using a combination of coconut and hemp milk.
TO MAKE HEMP MILK:
To make hemp milk, simply combine 1/4 of a cup of hemp seeds with 1 cup of filtered water. Blend in a high powered blender for approximately 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth. At this point, there is no need to strain the mixture. Simply move on to the next step in making the creamer (see recipe).Print
Rich and creamy Whole30 vanilla and pumpkin creamer.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. pumpkin purée
- 1/2 a fresh Madagascar vanilla bean or 1/4 tsp of 100% pure vanilla bean powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 2 pitted dates (optional)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
YOU WILL NEED:
- To start, add water and cashews to the blender and blend for about 1 minute on high. If you don’t have a Vitamix or your blender isn’t high powered you will need to strain your cashew milk. To do this, place a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth) over a bowl and pour cashew milk through it. Gently squeeze the cloth to release the milk and discard the pulp. Rinse out the blender and set aside.
- Now, pour the cashew milk and almond milk into a small saucepan over low heat, and whisk in pumpkin puree, collagen, dates (optional), vanilla beans, salt, and nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice. Continue to whisk the mixture until it’s warm but DO NOT simmer or bring to a boil. Now, pour the mixture back into the blender and blend for approximately 1 minute until frothy.
- Serve with a hot coffee or cold brew and enjoy.
Store leftover creamer in a mason jar with a tight lid. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
If you are using this creamer during your Whole30, please omit the dates or any added sweetener.